We've been experimenting with a Cherry version of our delicious Apple Crisp and it is our new favorite thing! It's a more sophisticed take on the cherry dump cake we always had growing up and it is so good. We just had to share.
- 1 jar Cherry on Top Apple Crisp Mix
- 12 Tbs (1 1/2 sticks) melted butter
- 1 small flavoring packet, included in jar
- 1 20 oz can cherry pie filling (we like Lucky Leaf)
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Thoroughly combine contents of jar in mixing bowl (reserve small flavoring packet for filling).
- Gently mix in melted butter. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together contents of flavor packet, cherry pie filling, and crushed pinapple until just combined.
- Spoon filling into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, iron skillet, or 2-quart casserole. Crumble the crisp mixture on top leaving some small clumps.
- Bake uncovered 40-50 minutes or until the filling is thick and gooey and the topping is crisp and golden brown. If topping appears to brown too quickly, lightly tent with aluminum foil.
- Cool crisp 20-30 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.