We just added the most delicious Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham to our online shop and we couldn't resist putting our own little Cherry spin on it. Don't get us wrong, a moist and tender ham that's been hand-trimmed and coated in spices before being hickory-smoked for at least 16 hours is already pretty special and festive. It doesn't need any embellishment at all. But if you're just a little extra (like we are), you might also enjoy throwing together this quick Cherry Glaze to drizzle over the top.
Holiday Ham with Cherry Glaze
- 1 cup cherry jam or preserves
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ripe lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 Cherry on Top Half Smoked Spiral Sliced Holiday Ham
- Preheat oven to 325 while assembling sauce.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine cherry preserves through ground mustard.
- Whisk to combine and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes to thicken slightly. (Sauce will continue thickening one removed from heat.)
- Double-wrap ham in foil and place in oven for approximately 1 1/2 hours to heat through (10 minutes per pound).
- Remove ham from oven, uncover, and generously glaze, then rewrap and return to oven for 30 more minutes at 400.